Last Updated: April 1, 2020
At SOCOMEC, Inc. (“SOCOMEC,” “we,” “us” or “our”) we take your privacy and the security of your information very seriously.
This notice of Privacy Practices (“Privacy Notice”) covers the website www.socomec.com/en-us for our North America operations (the “Site”), and any products or services offered via the Site (collectively, the “Services”). These Services include Services that assist our customers by providing solutions tailored to meet the specific business needs of low-voltage electrical component manufacturing and various energy solutions.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com
The Privacy Notice describes the types of information we gather from people visiting our Site and/or using our Services and from users (“you” or “users”) interacting with our Site and/or Services, and how we use, transfer, and secure such information. By accessing any Site or using any Services, you agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice does not govern information we receive from third parties. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site or any of our Services. Each time you use any Site or any Services, the current version of this Privacy Notice applies. Accordingly, when you use any Site or Services, please check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the top) and review any changes made since you last reviewed the Privacy Notice.
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from users of our Sites and Services: “Personal Information,” which is information that you provide that can be used to identify you (such as name, email address, and account number), and “Aggregate Information,” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Site and browser type).
Personal Information Collected By Us
1) We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Sites and Services. For example, you may provide us with your email address, first name and last name, phone number, or other Personal Information.
2) If you choose to share information publicly through our Site or Services, please understand that we cannot control the actions of third parties who could collect this information.
Personal Information Collected From Our Business Customers As You Use Our Products and Services
Personal Information Collected by Third Parties
Aggregate Information Collected
1) Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our Site or interact with our Services, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
2) For example, when you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. Such information could include your operating system, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited, browser (software used to browse the internet) type and language, device identifier numbers, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices that may be important to you about our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
1) We may transfer Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of providing the Services. We may disclose Personal Information to our affiliates or third party service providers to provide you with the Services. For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers to (i) assist with providing the Services; (ii) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; or (iii) communicate with you about current or future offerings. These third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
Children and Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with the features of our Sites or Services. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Sites or Services, we will immediately remove the individual’s personally identifiable information from our files.
How Do We Protect Your Information
- We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cyber-criminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
- Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites asking you to provide sensitive information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide personal information in obtaining Services are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2016 will receive information regarding 2015 sharing activities). Please note that SOCOMEC does not sell or share personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their own Personal Information collected by SOCOMEC by writing to: SOCOMEC, Inc., attention PRIVACY, 6 Galen Street, Suite 120, Watertown, MA 02472. We may ask you to pay an administrative fee for accessing or copying your Personal Information, but will inform you of the anticipated charges and confirm that you want us to proceed before processing your request. If you believe that the Personal Information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change. If you wish to request additional information about our information management, or would like us to access, correct or have us investigate any matters in relation to your Personal Information, please contact us.
Will We Change This Privacy Notice?
Each time you use our Site or Services the current version of the Privacy Notice will apply. When you use our Site, you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the top of the Privacy Notice) and review any changes since the last version. Our business changes frequently and this Privacy Notice is subject to change from time to time. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of your privacy without the consent of affected customers.
How Do You Contact Us?
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or the information collection and dissemination practices of this website, please email us at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A. without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
For any further questions you can contact SOCOMEC, Inc. at the following address:
9 Galen Street, Suite 120 Watertown, MA 02472